Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The Morning After | Hangover Face


So it's the morning after the night before. Your hair looks like you slept in a tree - you have remnants of kebab/chilli sauce all over the clothes that you slept in and your face looks like you haven't washed it in a decade. We've all been here right? Admittedly I'm quite obsessive about washing my face and I do usually manage to get the majority of my make up off even in a drunken stupor. Clean face or not - I still manage to wake up looking like the back end of a horse. Thanks alcohol. 

If I have to leave the house the next day (somewhere further than Burger King) then I try to keep my make up minimal and easy but with maximum effect. I'm in love with the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - I bought a sample of four from Cult Beauty to try out before I picked up the full size and I have to say it's one of the loveliest bases I've tried in a long time. I wouldn't place it in the tinted moisturiser category but somewhere in between a light to medium coverage foundation without actually looking like a foundation. As the name suggests it's super luminizing and really lifts your face when it's not looking it's brightest. For those pesky dark circles I've really been loving the Illamasqua Skin Base Lift Brightening Concealer in the shade Light 1. This is probably the most brightening concealer I own which also provides a high amount of coverage. I also use this on the tops of my cheekbones for a subtle highlight. If I want something a bit more shimmery I tend to use my MAC Cream Colour Base in the shade Pearl. 

When it comes to eyes and in particular eyes that are looking tired, I would always recommend staying away from anything heavy or full on. My eye routine is simple - I use my eyelash curlers to open up the eyes and then apply lashings and lashings of Benefit They're Real! Mascara. Say hello to awakened eyes ladies.

My current favourite blusher has to be the B.Cheeky Blusher in the shade Sherbet. Unfortunately the lighting really doesn't do this shade justice but be assured that it is the prettiest peachy pink with tiny flecks of silver and gold shimmer running through it. For me the most important element of this look is the bold lip. It makes you look like you've made a real effort and brightens up your skin and face in an instant. The Rimmel Apocolips are brilliant because they take less than 30 seconds to apply and last really well throughout the day. The shade I have here is Stellar. It really doesn't matter what products you use but just keep to the 'minimal effort - maximum effect' rule and you won't go wrong. Less is definitely more when you're suffering from hangover face and yes that is a technical term. Happy partying! 

20 comments:

  1. I hate the morning after when you have to try look at least decent to head out the door :) I have heard alot about the Jouer products but im still not sure about whether i would like it or now. I wasn't aware that they do sample sizes from Cult beauty~ I shall be checking that out soon :) I think after a night out, in the morning i love using my Dr Jart waterfuse BB cream, quick and easy!

    Thanks for posting, I hope you have a lovely day <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a set of 4 sample sizes in a pack, you get to choose the shade also so you really can get a feel for it! I've heard great things about the Dr Jart BB Creams - will have to check them out. xx

      Delete
  2. Hahah goood call!
    Im out Saturday and have a eight day at work on Sunday,
    Will definitely be usin some of these tips!


    Kelly from Day Dreams & Daisy Chains
    Kelly from Day Dreams & Daisy Chains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it wasn't too horrific for you! xx

      Delete
  3. Fab post honey :-) I love the sound of the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint from your comments xx

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant! They also do a matte moisture tint if you have more of an oilier skin type! xx

      Delete
  4. Didn't know Cult Beauty had Jouer samples. Eyelash curlers are life savers the morning after x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are brilliant! Definitely worth checking out :) xx

      Delete
  5. That jouer base looks so lovely, I really want to try the matte one!
    babblingbrigid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd quite like to try the matte one too! xx

      Delete
  6. I love this post - most people can relate to that horrible, yucky feeling of waking up with a dry throat, tiredness and general dry/sensitive skin feeling after a hard night hitting the town!! Concealer is the best when dealing with a hungover face - googling the Illamasqua Skin Base one right this minute as I love that it's brightening ! xx

    Candy Cosmetics | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It really is an awful feeling and usually I don't move for the whole day - sometimes it's inevitable that we have to though so I definitely go for brightening products! xx

      Delete
  7. Love it! If I remember to put REN's Radiance Perfecting Serum on before bed I look a MILLION times better!! Wasted or not... It's magic :) H x

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice! For the most part I'm pretty good at making sure I apply my skincare but some nights I'm just way to wasted to even care haha. xx

      Delete
  8. I got quite a kick out of reading this post. Hangover face! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh good! You're welcome Shalunya xx

      Delete
  9. Love this post, the morning after is always such a killer! No amount of make up can ever help me through the day ha
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! As a general rule I don't even get out of bed when I have a hangover, this post is purely for when I HAVE to move haha. xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. All the products here are super easy to use! You could probably use your hands for everything bar the blusher! xx

      Delete

I LOVE reading all your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment :)

Thanks lovelies xx