Saturday, 11 January 2014

Skincare Routine | Updated


For so long I've wanted to do a skincare routine post - the problem was I never really had a good enough selection of products that I could honestly say worked for me. Times have changed and now I can. I'm not saying that I've packed my bags and surrendered to the world of skincare because a) I'm a beauty blogger and will forever be trying to find better products and b) I'm a girl that likes to shop. What I am saying is that I've finally found products that work for me and that I can rely on when skincare times are bad. 

Lets kick things off in the morning. To cleanse I always use my trusty Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser with a muslin cloth to really get my skin feeling clean and fresh for the day. I've used this cleanser for over two years now and I haven't looked back, it doesn't break me out and although it's pretty basic, it just really gets the job done. My next step is toner and for this I flit in between two products, the first is the Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster and I prefer to use this in mornings to ya know... wake up my skin. I'm using a sample at the minute but I will definitely be repurchasing a full size bottle. I'm ashamed to say I bought the Caudalie Beauty Elixr because of the hype surrounding it. To be honest it hasn't done anything life changing for my skin but I do like to use this when my skin is having an angry day to really calm it down. I also keep this in my bag to freshen up my make up throughout the day. Next up is the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser. I have combination oily skin so I look for something which is lightweight yet still hydrating and this one ticks all the boxes. I like the gel consistency and the fact that it's oil-free but my favourite thing about this moisturiser has to be the finish. It's semi-matte but still looks glowy and healthy, it basically allows you to look like you've had a full nights sleep when in reality you were up all night watching YouTube beauty videos, doh. The partner in crime to this little pot of happiness is the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream which is undoubtedly the best eye cream I've ever used. The cream itself is a pretty iridescent shade that instantly brightens and brings light to the eyes. 

On an evening my skincare routine is pretty much the same bar a couple of products. Before I start my usual cleansing routine I use the Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution to completely remove my make up. I use it with the Boots Extra Large Cotton Wool Pads as they are twice the size of normal make up remover pads and they last me twice as long. You can finally pick up Bioderma in the UK now too - I get mine from Escentual. I usually cleanse in the same way with my hot cloth cleanser but sometimes if my skin needs it I use the RMK Cleansing Balm. This is one of those oil based cleansers that melts into your skin upon application, I haven't tried any other cleansing balms but I'd really like to get into them. The one thing I don't like about this cleanser is that it smells really strongly of rose so I'd be aware of that if you are sensitive to scents. I use the same moisturiser and eye cream on the night time with the only addition being the Clarins Blue Orchid Facial Oil. I use it around 3-4 times a week after I've cleansed my skin and I wake up with skin that looks one hundred per cent better than it did the night before. I bought this after watching Amelia from Liana Beauty rave about this and oh my god it really is incredible skin in a bottle. I will be doing a full review on this oil so keep an eye out for that if you're interested. 

The final two products are things that I don't use on a daily basis but still deserve an honourable mention in this post. First up is the Origins Super Spot Remover and if you hadn't worked it out already, this gets rid of spots. When I first starting using this I really didn't get on with it, I actually thought it was giving me spots but it turned out that I was applying way to much of it. It's a really good overnight treatment for spots and I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you suffer with the occasional breakout. My final and favourite product is the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. Another hugely hyped product in the blogging world but this one deserves all the hype it gets. I like to call it the 'new face in a bottle' mask because it literally gives you just that. I use this once a week - usually on a Sunday and I wake up looking like I've drank ten thousand gallons of Icelandic spring water and ate nothing but unicorns and fruit. In short it's bloody amazing. I know this has been super long and if you've not fell asleep whilst reading this then well done you. Make sure you leave any skincare recommendations down below! 

26 comments:

  1. I really need to try a hot cloth cleanser but i'm so lazy. I love clarin's melt one but it really doesn't remove my mascara- everything but! must try this one, it's cheaper than liz earle! also, always a bioderma fan! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pick up the Superdrug one! Honestly it's just as good as the Liz Earle and is only £4.99, such a bargain :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Ren mask is definitely on my wishlist :)

    annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! Definitely worth the splurge :) xx

      Delete
  3. My skin care routine is sooo basic and minimal I really need to get into proper products not just a cleanser etc.... I still haven't tried REN's renewal mask which I have been meaning to pick up for ages as I love the sound of it totally revitalizing the face xx

    Candy Cosmetics | For All Things Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me some time to really get a solid routine together! I think it's just trial and error :) xx

      Delete
  4. As a skincare nut I love taking a look into other peoples routines! I love Origins products too xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I love bioderma and the caudalie beauty elixir x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you make your site look this good. Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. Id be thankful!
    School Bowling Game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am no expertt! I just used a basic layout and read up on little extras that I wanted on the internet! I did my header using photoshop :) xx

      Delete
  7. that looks like a solid skincare routine. I would love to try the ren mask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cleanser and I have the Caudalie Beauty Elixr waiting to be opened ha! The Origins eye cream sounds amazing, I must remember to put this on my future beauty shopping list. :)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! Such a bargain :) xx

      Delete
  9. I really need to start to invest in a better skin care regime, when I'm next in town i'm definitely going to pick a couple of these products up! Could even go shopping when you come to leeds for City&Colour?
    I really want to try REN hot cloth cleanser, might try the bodycare one first, probably a fraction of the cost!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been investing in skin care rather than clothes lately and it's paying off now! Yeah that sounds like a great plan, there's a space nk in leeds isn't there?! SO excited for City and colour ha xxx

      Delete
  10. Haha love how you describe yourself after you've used the REN Renewal Mask! Sounds bloody fantastic haha!

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha no unicorns were harmed in the making! In all seriousness though, the stuff rocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have found your delightful blog, new follower here. I wish Bioderma was readily available in the states. :( Oddly enough I haven't tried any of the Origins products even though I hear they are great! I really enjoyed this post. Off to peruse your blog, now. So you'll see me around. Thanks for sharing this with us as I really enjoyed reading it.

    Shalunya from http://shalunyaboyet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you I really appreciate it! Origins is such a lovely brand, I would definitely recommend trying something as they have pretax much everything to cater all skin types :) xx

      Delete
  13. lovely post!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with the unicorns, and the REN mask. It is unreal.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's amazing isn't it! Xx

      Delete

I LOVE reading all your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment :)

Thanks lovelies xx