Sunday, 29 December 2013

What I Got For Christmas | Beauty Edition


So Christmas has been and gone and the New Year is fast approaching. I'm not one for making resolutions because I rarely ever stick to them but I do want 2014 to be a year full of blogging opportunities and adventures. You may have noticed that I have given my blog a little makeover - I'm really happy with how it's turned out and would love to hear what you guys think. 

I think this Christmas has been my best in terms of the beauty products I received. I was lucky enough to receive a House of Fraser gift card from work so I really did go all out and treat myself. With this card I picked up the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation and ohmygod I completely understand the hype now - it's just beautiful. Full review will be up soon. I also picked up the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner because I wanted a long lasting brown eyeliner that would stay put all night. I picked up the shade Chocolate Shimmer which is a beautiful bronzed brown shade which could even be used as an all over lid colour if you blended it out quickly. Finally I bought MAC Lady Danger Lipstick. I'd been lusting over this lipstick for ages so decided it would be the perfect time to pick it up. The photograph doesn't do it justice but its a vivid orange-red with a matte finish and I can't wait to wear this on New Years Eve!

My lovely Grandparents bought me the Nars Guy Bourdin Crime of Passion Palette and I haven't stopped wearing it since Christmas Day. Inside you get three eyeshadows in the shades Jezebel, Naiade and Pandora, Deep Throat Blusher and Laguna Bronzer. You also get a miniature Deep Throat Larger Than Life Lipgloss. I love a good multi-use product and the shades in this palette are just perfect for travelling. My Brother kindly bought me the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation and honestly I was so stoked to own something by her - she really is the queen of make up. I got this in the shade Fair 2 which is a tad too light for me but can easily be bronzed up. I haven't had chance to test this properly as I'm too in love with the Chanel Foundation to wear anything else but I will do an in depth review very soon. 

The last two items formed part of the Origins All Is Bright Gift Set which I received from my fabulous mother. The first of the two is the Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara and I was actually really surprised at how good this stuff is. The formulation is really pigmented and gives off amazing length without being stiff or clumpy. In terms of volume - it's not the best mascara I've ever used but the fact that the formula is natural makes this mascara one of my favourites. The second beauty product in the set is the Origins GinZing Brightening Cream Eyeshadow in the shade Sugar Peach. This is super pretty iridescent champagne colour which when washed across the whole of the lid really brightens and lifts the eyes. The formulation is alike to the MAC Paint Pots and similarly can be used on it's own or as a base for other eyeshadows. 

I'm so grateful and thankful for all of the presents I received this year. If you've done a similar post make sure you link it down below as I love reading about what other people got for Christmas.

33 comments:

  1. Ah I really want mac lady danger!! Hope you had a lovely christmas!

    lbbsteph.blogpot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely Christmas thank you! Hope you did too :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Guy Bourdin palette sounds so lovely!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. that palette is amazing, just googled it! mac's lady danger has always appealed to me but i'm a firm ruby woo kinda girl! glad you had a lovely christmas xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing! Such a shame it was limited edition though :( thank you! Hope you did too :) xx

      Delete
  4. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has been on my list for months now... I need to give in soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do, I wish I'd bought it sooner! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm dying to try almost everything here!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should treat yourself! xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh, looks like you got some amazing beauty goodies! I love all of these brands!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful makeup! I love lady danger it's my favorite lipstick I use it almost everyday!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't got round to wearing it yet! I really need to though xx

      Delete
  8. Great presents, plus I love Lady Danger, such a gorgeous shade!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some great things, I've always wanted to try the Chanel foundation and now I want it even more! Congrats on these gifts!

    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you totally should! It's probably the nicest foundation I've tried! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  10. Nars is the best (!!!!!) Love their makeup and that palette I'm envious of!! xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to get my hands on that Nars palette myself! Great gifts Lady Danger is also a fave of mine
    http://kkkiranxoxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you can get them anymore - maybe from the US?! xx

      Delete
  12. Fabulous array of products! Would love the know what you think of the charlotte tilbury foundation. And by golly that r lipstick looks like a beauty!

    Do I dare start on how jealous I am about your nars palette!!?

    www.theannadiaries.blogspot.com xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I still haven't used the Charlotte Tilbury foundation properly yet because it's too pale, I really need to though! xx

      Delete
  13. Wow looks like you got some amazing things, so jealous! Hope you had a great Christmas
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you got some lovely things I love that lipstick!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the things you got are really nice! I've tried a sample of the Chanel foundation and it was lovely. I'm still juggling on if I should make the purchase or not. I've yet to try any products from CT, but I've been eyeing up her eyeshadows since the release :P x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin | youtube

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading all your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment :)

Thanks lovelies xx